A new fashion chapter

2 comments
I’m very excited to share with you my first full page fashion story for the newspaper I work at in Western Australia!
I have just finished university with a journalism and public relations degree, but haven’t officially graduated…that’s next week actually!
I’ve worked at the newspaper for about three years now, just casually, while I was at uni and was so excited to be offered a full time position within the marketing department.
I couldn’t be happier with where I’m working or who I’m working with. Having been here a while, my manager knew I had a serious interest in fashion so she asked one of our editors if I could write a fashion story.
Last year I was lucky enough to be able to write an article on the business behind the fashion glamour. Essentially this means the background information from concept to creation; how designersstart their fashion labels and get their clothes into stores.
I was then asked to write another story (yay!) on bridal fashionand was amazed when I scored a full page which was totally unexpected woooooo hooooooo
Despite how exciting and fulfilling this was I have decided journalism isn’t the career I want to pursue but hope it is still a big part of my life. I’m really enjoying working in marketing and just dabbling in articles and news stories when I get the chance.
It has made me realise how important it is to have a few strings to your bow. Don’t limit yourself to just one thing because who knows if you will really enjoy it once you get out into the real world. I studied journalism and pr and ended up in marketing! Go figure.
What’s your advice for starting a career?

                 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Congrats! It's so cool that you had a opportunity like this one, plus you get to do it again? Amazing! :)
    xoxo
    Sierra Calah ♡ Berry Stylish  

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I feel really lucky and its great to write about fasion :)

    ReplyDelete

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig